The project “Young Messengers of European Memory – YoMEM”, wants to affirm a vision of memory not as a mere nostalgic memory of a past, but as a tool aimed to enhance awareness of who we are, as individuals and as a community, in order to recover the sense of a better and possible future; YoMEM project wants, as well, support the important role that young people can play in this profound cultural action.
Our purpose is to create educational paths and tools for young Europeans, based on autobiografical methodologies and digitial storytelling, aimed to:
– increase awareness among young people of the values of democracy, coexistence, social justice, as founding values of the European Union;
– develop the sense of European citizenship;
– actively involve young people in the defense and promotion of European values through digital storytelling methodologies, and the creation of actions to disseminate stories that testify to these values, as “messengers of European memory”.
The project narrations themes will concern:
– Stories of belonging to Europe, personal experiences that have brought people closer to the idea and values of a united Europe.
– European macro and micro stories, personal experiences of historical facts relevant to European history.
– Learning from diversity, learning from the encounter with traditions and cultures that represent European multiplicity.
SOCIAL CHANGE STORIES IN EUROPE
– Stories that tell of the conquest and defense of rights and democracy in Europe of yesterday and today.
- Associazione Storie Di Mondi Possibili (Coordinator) – Italy
- Asociatia Pro-Xpert – Romania
- M3 Mcube Association – France
- Real Time Video Ltd – United Kingdom
- Stowarzyszenie Trenerow Organizacji Pozarzadowych – Poland
- Mobilizing Expertise Ab – Sweden
- Federazione Italiana CEMEA – Italy