Europe and me
“Call for narration” of the project “Young Messengers of European Memory – YoMEM”
Erasmus plus Project KA2 -Youth
Are you aged between 14 and 30?
Do you live in Europe?
Tell you personal experience of Europe, through the creative means you prefer: writing, video, photography, comics ….
Take part in the Call for narration “European Stories”!
Why this “Call for narration”?
The “YoMEM call for narration” is a way to share and make visible the many personal experiences related to the theme of Europe.
Through these memories we want to make a contribution to affirm the values of democracy, coexistence, social justice, as founding values of the European Union.
AUTHORS – you can tell your personal experience , or collect the story of another person. The story can be an individual or group work.
MEDIA CATEGORIES: stories can be created through various media and storytelling methods. Particularly it will be possible to take part in the prize in one or more of these categories:
- Text: autobiographical narration, telling what you experienced directly in first person, or a biographical narration, if you are collecting experiences of other persons. The text in PDF format should be no longer than 5 pages.
- Photo narration (text and pictures): a narration that’s composed of pictures accompanied by texts. It may be an autobiographical narration, telling what you experienced directly in the first person, or a biographical narration, if you are collecting experiences of other persons. The story have to be in PDF format, no longer than 10 pages.
- Video narration: you can tell the story through diverse types of video narration, such as documentary, video interview, digital storytelling or any other creative form. Maximum length 10 minutes uploaded to file sharing platform such as YouTube and Vimeo.
- Comics and Illustrations: telling an autobiographical or biographical story through comics and illustrations. The story should be no more than 10 pages long and should be sent in PDF format.
My Europe: My first personal experience of Europe: try to remember the first time you experienced Europe; what happened? How is this memory important to you today?
My story in European history: important historical events for Europe, experienced firsthand by you, or by people whose history you want to collect.
Stories of Social change in Europe
Experiences that you know, directly or indirectly, of people or groups, trying to bring positive changes. These stories can concern the most diverse themes: environment, education, social inclusion, health, human rights, etc..
For more inspiration check out the previously published stories:
How to participate
Sign up to the portal StoryAp and upload your story!
At the end of the upload select your participation to the “YoMEM call for narration” and the “YoMEM Project”.
Alternatively you can send the stories via email, to the address email@example.com, with the attached description form that you can download here:
Send us your story by January 31, 2022!
Selection and awards
The selection of the call winners will take place in two phases:
- The first selection will take place at national level in the partner countries of the YoMEM project, namely: Italy, France, Romania, Sweden, England, Poland. Four stories per country will be selected.
- The second selection will take place at European level, by a transnational jury. This will lead to the selection of six winners, one for each partner country, who will be invited to the final event in Rome, in May 2023!
- Finalists and winners will also be included in a final publication.